Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measures needed for each.
- identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing.
- identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework is useful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
Topic 1A: Overview of Cloud Computing
Topic 1B: Evolution of the Cloud
Topic 1C: Specialized Cloud Services
Lesson 2: Business Value of Cloud Computing
Topic 2A: Business Need for Cloud Computing
Topic 2B: Cloud Scalability
Topic 2C: Cloud Security
Topic 2D: Impact of Cloud Computing on Business
Lesson 3: Technical Perspectives of Cloud Computing
Topic 3A: The Cloud Deployment Models
Topic 3B: Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment
Topic 3C: Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing
Topic 3D: Federated Cloud Services
Topic 3E: Standardization
Lesson 4: Technical Challenges of Cloud Computing
Topic 4A: Cloud Storage
Topic 4B: Application Performance
Topic 4C: Data Integration
Topic 4D: Security Risks and Mitigation
Topic 4E: Application Architecture and the Development Process
Lesson 5: Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Services
Topic 5A: Steps to Adopting Cloud Services
Topic 5B: Organizational Capability to Adopt Cloud Services
Topic 5C: Cloud Vendor Roles and Capabilities
Topic 5D: Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Lesson 6: ITIL and Cloud Computing
Topic 6A: Overview of ITIL
Topic 6B: Planning Service Strategy
Topic 6C: Designing Cloud Service
Topic 6D: Transitioning to Live Environment
Topic 6E: Running a Cloud Service Operation
Topic 6F: Continual Service Improvement with Cloud
Lesson 7: Identifying Risks and Consequences
Topic 7A: Organizational Risks
Topic 7B: Technical Risks
Topic 7C: Legal Risks
Topic 7D: Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing
Topic 7E: Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO- 001) Exam Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO-001) Acronyms
The CompTIA Cloud Essential Specialty certification is relevant to IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants, business and IT management, business process owners, and analysts.
This course is the first step on a training path that can lead to a technical career dealing with cloud computing. CompTIA recommends that a candidate have at least six months of experience in an IT environment, with direct involvement in IT-related tasks, responsibilities and/or decision-making. It is also recommended that the candidate take the following course: Introduction to Network Design and Management.