Understanding LTE networks, with special focus on signaling procedures for user and services management. This course in-depth analyzes access procedures, mobility and resource management. Furthermore, it describes the implementation of legacy services, such as voice and data, and new services, like MBMS, messaging and VCC.
- Evolved UTRA (E-UTRA)
- Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- X2 and S1 interfaces and protocols
- LTE protocol stack
- 2G/3G and non 3GPP interworking
- EPS and QoS radio Bearers
- Initial Access procedures
- RACH access
- Session Setup
- EPS Connection Management (ECM)
- Resource Scheduling
- Tracking Area Update (TAU)
- Intra/Inter Frequency Handover
- 2G/3G/E-UTRAN mobility
- Messaging and Presence
- Broadcast/Multicast (MBMS)
- Voice Call Continuity (VCC)
Technical personnel involved in LTE network management.
UMTS network architecture and protocols good skills and LTE access network basic understanding.