The course provides to the trainees the elements to understand IP Networking: LAN and WAN architecture & operation and TCP/IP protocol suite. Starting from the network structures, it describes the mechanism of routing information. Then it covers IP, TCP, UDP and services offered and available at the upper layers. The course is supported by using tools for traffic generation and analysis, as well as of protocol analyzers on real systems.
- Internet Protocol Suite
- Public and Private IP addresses
- Static and Dynamic IP: DHCP
- NAT and PAT
- LAN Switching
- Ethernet protocol
- Broadcast domains
- Link Aggregation
- VLAN and Subnetting
- ARP: definitions and features
- STP, RSTP, MSTP
- TCP and UDP protocols
- DNS: Domain Name System
- Application protcols: FTP, HTTP, e-mail
- IPv6 overview
- VPN: Tunneling and encryption
- Geographical links: Frame Relay, MPLS
- IP Telephony overview (VoIP)
Personnel working in the areas of Network Provider or ISP management and maintenance. However, even sales and pre-sales personnel can attend this course, provided that they have the above-mentioned prerequisites.
Basic understanding on packet data network protocols.