Implementing the VersaStackTM Solution (VSIMP 1.0) is a 3-day instructor-led and e-learning training. Additionally, it includes an hands-on course focused on 80% lab activities and 20% direct instruction for field engineers.
This course enables engineers to deploy and support a VersaStack system using methods and procedures defined in the Cisco Validated Design. In addition, the infrastructure covered includes Cisco Nexus 9000 switches, Cisco MDS switches, Cisco UCS, VMware, Cisco UCS Director Virtual Machine, and IBM Storwize Storage System.
Upon completing the VSIMP 1.0 course, students will be able to:
- Describe the VersaStack components and architecture.
- Deploy Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure, which includes the Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS), Cisco Nexus 9000 series, and Cisco MDS switches.
- Describe the benefits of using Cisco UCS Director to manage the VersaStack environment.
Besides, the engineers experience those benefits through hands-on labs.
- Describe how the IBM Storwize V7000 enhances virtual environments with its Data Virtualisation, Real-Time .Compression, and Easy Tier features.
- Configure the IBM Storwize V7000 storage to support the VersaStack solution.
- Module 1: Describe the VersaStack Solution
- Module 2: Implement the Network Infrastructure
- Module 3: Implement the Storage Infrastructure
- Module 4: Implement the Compute Infrastructure
- Module 5: Implement the Management Infrastructure
- Cisco and IBM Channel Partner Field Engineers
- Data Center Engineers