This course provides basic knowledge radio access techniques and cellular network architecture. Propagation issues are discussed, as well as mobile network solutions and GSM/GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, LTE features and services. This training provides the prerequisites for advanced mobile network classes.
- Mobile telephony criteria
- Cellular coverage
- Multiple access techniques
- Video and voice coding techniques
- Propagation issues
- GSM/GPRS network
- Performance, procedures and protocols
- Access channels
- Network architecture
- EDGE coverage
- UMTS standards
- High Speed UMTS (HSPA)
- Channel types
- UTRAN and Core Network
- ATM and Ethernet like architecture
- LTE/4G and Evolved Packet Core
- Bandwidth capacity
- This course is intended for telecommunications companies new employees and sales personnel who need a basic technical knowledge about mobile technologies.
- Telecommunications basic understanding.
The practical activities include analysis of signal flows and equipment configuration templates.