This course aims to provide knowledge on sending information by light guided propagation inside optical fiber. It explains the physical phenomena that underlie the guided optical propagation and attenuation problems. After describing lasers and photo detectors features, this course deals with the Modal, Chromatic, Chirp and PMD dispersion issues and countermeasures.
- Photonics and TLC
- Optical propagation
- Optical guides
- Optical fiber attenuation
- Physics of optoelectronics devices
- Optoelectronics devices
- Dispersion and regeneration
- Modal dispersion
- Chromatic dispersion
- Guide dispersion and Chirp
- Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD)
- All those who have to operate with optical fiber transmission systems.
- Electronics basic skills.
- At the end of the course it is proposed a test to check the learning of the topics treated during the training.